One of the top go-to spots for meeting up with friends, because of its large space and ample parking (particularly right after 6pm, when the Financial District parking meters turn off). I’m usually in the back, because it’s much roomier and that’s where the other bar is located. Unfortunately, word has been getting out and nowadays getting in requires at least a short (5-10 minutes) wait. At least they haven’t started instituting a 1-guy to 1-girl ratio, like some clubs. Yet.
My favorite drinks include (*or will likely soon include):
- Our Finest Sour: Bourbon, Apple Brandy, Fresh Lemon Juice, Maple, Bitters, Egg White Foam, topped with cinnamon shavings
- Campos Cooler: Tequila of some sort, some other ingredients, topped off with a cucumber
- Punch Bowl*: Any of them!
- LaphroaigProject*: 1 oz Green Chartreuse, 0.5 oz Laphroaig Quarter Cask, 0.5 oz Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur, 0.25 oz Yellow Chartreuse, 1 oz Fresh Lemon Juice, 2 Dashes Fee Peach Bitters
- Berry O’Brien*: Jameson Irish Whiskey, Fresh Blackberries, Fresh Lemon Juice, Ginger Beer and Bitters
- The Big Dig*: Beefeater Gin, Fresh Lemon Juice, Organic Raspberries, Artisanal Root Beer and a Dash of Absinthe
- Other whiskey/ginger beer/lemon juice combinations
Last visited: March 25, 2011